If you find that you are hosting a call where you can hear the caller but they cannot hear you this could be down to a problem with your microphone settings.
Things to Check First
- Make sure all other apps that might use the microphone are closed.
- In the app you are using check the correct Microphone is set.
Check your Microphone Level
- Click the start button, search for Change System Sounds
- In the window that opens go to the Recording tab. You should see a list that includes the microphone you want to use. If you talk into it you should see the level bars on the right go up in green.
- Click your device then click properties, then go to the Levels tab. Make sure the level is nice and high (say 85).
Keep an eye on this and if it is dropping automatically to very low levels the follow the next set of instrutions.
Block Exclusive Microphone Access
This setting will stop other apps from changing the volume during your calls.
- Initially do steps 1 + 2 as above.
- Click your device then click properties and go to the Advanced tab.
- Untick both of these options and then click OK:
Allow Applications to take exclusive control of this device.
Give exclusive mode applications priority